- 4 tsp Coconut Oil
- 4 cloves pressed Garlic
- Sliced Peppers
- Baby Corn
- Mange tout
- Cup Frozen Peas
- Juice and zest of a Lemon
- 400g bag frozen Prawns
- 1 pt Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Cornflour to thickeni>¼ chopped Red Onion
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, veg and lemon zest, cook stirring until just beginning to soften.
- Add prawns and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk stock and cornflour in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan.
- Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the prawns are pink and just cooked through.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley and season to taste.
- Serve with quinoa, brown rice or noodles.
The lemon and garlic flavour here is the winner. Other vegetables may be used e.g. grated carrot, cubed sweet potato or butternut squash, sliced mushrooms, broccoli florets etc.