‘SPHE Network Conference 2016: Citizenship Education 100 Years On’
This conference aims to bring together academics, teachers, student teachers, postgraduate students, health professionals, policy-makers, NGOs and the wider education community, to engage in dialogue about social, personal and health education (SPHE) in Irish primary and post-primary schools. Our approach emphasises participation and the sharing of ideas and experience. The conference will include keynote and paper presentations, workshops and poster displays. These will address all strands of the SPHE Curriculum, including Myself, Myself and Others, and Myself and the Wider World (primary), and modules in the SPHE Curriculum (post-primary).
The SPHE Conference is entitled ‘Citizenship Education 100 years on’. In this, the centenary year of the 1916 Rising, we hope to provide delegates with the space to share on their vision of today’s Ireland. More significantly we also hope to use this conference to unpack and problematise the concept of citizenship and to explore how we story our lives together in an increasingly globalised world and pluralist Ireland. Our keynote dialogue is entitled “Identity, Well-being and SPHE” and will be delivered by Dr. Maeve O’Brien and Dr. Andrew O’Shea of DCU.
The conference will be preceded by an SPHE Teachmeet on Friday 11th November from 7pm- 8.30pm during which many practicing teachers will share practical ideas for implementing SPHE in their schools. To book a place on this Teachmeet please email Aoife Titley at email@example.com.
The SPHE Network are grateful for our conference sponsors: Maynooth University, NCCA, safefood and The DICE project.
Queries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to download the teachmeet-poster.
- All together now S Keating B Collins: Download
- Citizenship Ed and RSE Mags Nohilly: Download
- Future curriculum developments C O’cadhain: Download
- Modelling Key Skills of Global Citizenship through Restorative Practices. R Duke: Download
- Role play to prevent bullying Peadar Donohoe : Download
- Teaching about Migration F O Mahoney F Joyce: Download
- What does it mean to be Irish D MCClure: Download
- Identity Wellbeing Sphe M OBries: Download
- 50 Picturebooks to change the World: Download
SPHE Publications 2016
Looking Outside the Circle
SPHE Network Conference Proceedings 2014: Understanding Well-being in Changing Times